This targeted grant program provides reimbursement for the purchase of liftgates for transit vehicles equipped with mounted wheelchair lifts. These gates operate similar to a railroad crossing arm, and offer an engineered solution to the unguarded opening that is created when a wheelchair lift is left unattended. A passenger falling through this opening can lead to severe injury or even death.
This reimbursement program was established effective July 1, 2020, and is subject to renewal each year by the NCACC RMP Board of Trustees. The program provides up to a $4,500 reimbursement for the installation, maintenance, or transfer of the liftgates. Funds are awarded each year until expended.
- The purchase of the liftgates must be through Grant Services, LLC.
- Member is responsible for coordinating a date and time of installation of the liftgates.
- Once payment for the devices and associated installation has been paid, the county or agency must submit documentation of installation and invoice and copy of payment confirmation to the NCACC Risk Management Pool.
- All reimbursements will be paid to the county or agency by electronic fund transfer. To establish the mechanism for electronic payment, please contact Bob Carruth.
TO QUALIFY FOR REIMBURSEMENT, EACH MEMBER MUST:
- Complete and submit: (1) The Lift Gate Reimbursement Application, and (2) upload a copy of the purchase order or paid invoice.
- Reimbursements normally take 2-4 weeks for payment, and are done electronically. If current banking information is not on file with the NCACC, it will need to be completed as well.
Lift Gate Purchase Information
Reimbursement is limited to $4,500 (Up to 3 gates per fiscal year).
I understand that my county/entity must be a current member of the NCACC Liability & Property Pool.