2020-2021 Agriculture Legislative Goals
AG-1: Support state funding and staffing for agricultural research, Cooperative Extension services and agriculture-related efforts, including Community Conservation Assistance Program, as well as funding and staffing for equine-agricultural research and other equine-agriculture related efforts, to support the largest economic driver in North Carolina.
AG-2: Support legislation to protect all farming operations from nuisance lawsuits.
View the steering committee meeting schedule
2020 NCACC County Map Book
(Food Insecurity Rates, pg. 25; Monthly Recipients of Food and Nutrition Services, pg. 26).
NCACC Agriculture Guiding Principles
- The Association supports local control over land-use decision-making and its impact on the agricultural community.
- The Association supports state policies providing local options and tools for the preservation of farmland, if they serve the best interest of all counties.
- The Association supports research, education and outreach with various public and private partnerships that result in agricultural development opportunities, sustainable initiatives producing low-cost food and energy that will, in turn, create healthy local economies.
- Agricultural issues related to the environment transcend governmental boundaries and require close coordination of policy and action by federal, state and local governments.
- Powers delegated to the counties for the protection of the public health are important for protecting the land and water resources that are vital for agricultural endeavors.
- The General Assembly should provide funds for any increased county responsibility related to animal control operations and/or facilities.
Steering Committee Membership
Steering Committee membership is open to all county commissioners, as well as county staff who specialize in committee-related fields. If you would like to join a Steering Committee, please complete this sign-up form and join us for a meeting.