While Friday evening’s Annual Conference program is “on your own” to allow attendees to explore and enjoy area restaurants and attractions, NCACC will offer attendees a handful of local, optional activities.
- A sign-up form to reserve seats/tickets is available at www.ncaccevents.org.
- Seats/tickets are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Any seats/tickets not spoken for prior to Annual Conference will be available at the check-in/registration desk at the Wilmington Convention Center during set hours.
- Each registrant may request a second seat/ticket to accommodate a guest for all tours, with the exception of the Screen Gems Studios tour (status TBD), which will be limited to registered county officials.
NCACC will offer:
- a sunset cruise (7 – 9 p.m.) on the Cape Fear River aboard the Henrietta riverboat (limited to 100 attendees). Boarding begins at 6:30 p.m. A cash bar and pre-packaged snacks are available on the riverboat. NCACC recommends an early dinner for attendees in order to provide plenty of time to board. Sponsored by LS3P.
- New addition! Due to demand for the riverboat cruise, NCACC has contracted with Wilmington Water Tours for a second sunset cruise aboard a 26-foot catamaran from 6:30 – 8 p.m. (boarding begins at 6:15 p.m.). If you are signed up on the wait list for a seat aboard the Henrietta, you have first right of refusal for a seat aboard The Wilmington. NCACC staff will contact those on the wait list soon.
- a horse-drawn carriage tour (8 – 8:30 p.m.) through the historic Wilmington area (limited to 24 attendees). The trolley will pick up riders on Nutt Street in front of the Convention Center.
Email Kelly Brown ([email protected]) with questions.
Educational program sign-ups
Some Annual Conference sessions and educational tours offered as part of the program require advance sign-up. These sessions and tours include:
- Thursday’s ‘Real Colors’ Fundamentals: Understanding Yourself and Others (9:30 – 11:45 a.m.). Attendees will be provided a Real Colors profile booklet on-site and will be guided through the assessment. Once NCACC’s supply of assessment books is exhausted, the program will be full.
- The New Hanover County landfill (limited to 10 seats per tour) – tour options on Thursday (9:30 – 10:30 a.m. and 10:45 – 11:45 a.m.), and Friday (1:30 – 2:30 p.m.)
- Airlie Gardens – Friday (departs at 3:30 p.m., limited to 45 participants)
- Historic Thalian Hall – Friday (departs at 3:30 p.m., limited to 15 participants)
- Cancelled: Screen Gems Studios tour. Due to COVID-19, production companies restricting access to studio buildings that they have contracted. Due to circumstances out of the control of NCACC, New Hanover County and Screen Gems Studios, we are unable to offer this tour. Thank you for your understanding.