On August 14, 2021, NCACC President Frank Williams announced his presidential initiative, “100 Counties Prepared.” Drawing on his experience as Chair of the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners during Hurricanes Florence, Dorian, and Isaias, President Williams will incorporate several lessons learned as part of his initiative.
The effort focused on equipping county commissioners with the tools they need to lead effectively during emergency situations. The initiative aims to prepare county commissioners to provide residents with accurate and authoritative information about critical local response and recovery activities such as debris removal, road reopening, and more. 100 Counties Prepared also seeks to empower county commissioners to be a source of hope and reassurance for residents and dispel misinformation commonly found online when emergencies occur.
President Williams appointed Task Force Co-chairs Randy Thompson, Brunswick County Commissioner and Kay Cashion, Guilford County Commissioner, to lead 100 Counties Prepared. The Task Force is charged with developing a training and education program and compiling emergency readiness resources for county commissioners. It will also focus on helping county commissioners engage with key emergency management partners to foster strategic relationships. 100 Counties Prepared encompasses the full spectrum of emergencies that can occur anywhere in the state, including mudslides, earthquakes, tornados, flooding, hurricane, and pandemic response.
100 Counties Prepared Task Force Members
- Tracey Johnson, NCACC President-Elect, Washington, County Commissioner
- Kay Cashion, Task Force Co-Chair, Guilford County Commissioner
- Randy Thompson, Task Force Co-Chair, Brunswick County Commissioner
- Glenn Adams, Cumberland County Commissioner
- Kitty Barnes, Catawba County Commissioner
- Kevin Gordon, Cleveland County Commissioner
- Maria Cervania, Wake County Commissioner
- Hope Haywood, Randolph County Commissioner
- Ann Keyes, Washington County Commissioner
- Teresa McCall, Transylvania County Commissioner
- Linda Rouse Sutton, Lenoir County Commissioner
- Gordon Wilder, Vance County Commissioner
- Kris Noble, Hyde County Manager
- Marche Pittman, Polk County Manager
- Robin Caldwell, Cherokee County Emergency Services Director & President of the North Carolina Emergency Management Association
- 100 Counties Prepared Training Certificate Recipients
Dennis Aldridge Avery David Allen Randolph Wayne Aycock Wayne Phillip Barrier, Jr. Avery Barbara Beatty Catawba Jamezetta Bedford Orange Jennifer Best Haywood Ed Booth Beaufort Doug Bridges Cleveland Haynes Brigman Brunswick Dan Brummitt Vance Derek Burress Greene Chelsey Butler Randolph Sherry Butler Catawba Pauline Campbell Robeson Kay Cashion Guilford Maria Cervania Wake Lavern Coleman Columbus Marty Cooke Brunswick Joshua Creighton Wake Charlie Dunn Jones Yolanda Feimster Vance Mike Forte Brunswick Deb Hays New Hanover Hope Haywood Randolph Bob Hovis Gaston Selina Jarvis Currituck Ann Keyes Washington Bob Kirby Chowan Jerol Kivett Sampson Randal Mathews Hyde Russ May Granville Teresa McCall Transylvania David Moxley Yadkin Scott Mulwee Burke Jacqueline Newton Pender Kris Noble Hyde Carol Phelps Washington Curtis Potter Washington Renee Price Orange Earl Pugh Hyde Franchion Robinson Montgomery Walter Scott Onslow John Shaw Montgomery Ben Simmons Hyde Kirk Smith Lee Ronnie Smith Martin David Stanley Brunswick Steve Stone Brunswick Linda Rouse Sutton Lenoir Patricia Sykes Brunswick Randy Thompson Brunswick Cindy Turbyfill Avery Julius Walker Washington Frankie Waters Beaufort Ronnie Whetstine Cleveland Gordon Wilder Vance Barbara Williams Northampton Frank Williams Brunswick Jarvis T. Woodburn Anson Gayle Woody Jackson Rob Zapple New Hanover