County Assembly Day
* * Important * * Note date change due to teacher rally in Raleigh recently scheduled for May 1 * *
The activities begin in the morning with a legislative update from NCACC staff and remarks from leaders of the General Assembly. Attendees will then have the afternoon for lunch (service from noon - 2:00 p.m.) and visits to the Legislative Building to meet with members of their delegation and advocate on behalf of their counties. The lunch has been moved to the south side of the State Capitol grounds (Fayetteville Street side), and county officials are encouraged to invite their legislators to join them for lunch and the remainder of the afternoon.
|Registration Opens at NC Museum of History
Coffee, breakfast biscuits and donuts available
|Welcome and Opening Comments
President-Elect Kevin Austin, Yadkin County
|Morning Program||concludes at 10:30 a.m.|
|Visits to General Assembly
Make appointments with your legislators!
|10:30 a.m. through afternoon|
|Lunch on State Capitol Grounds (South Side)
Legislators and Staff are invited
|noon - 2 p.m.
(Drop in any time)
|Click here to view a print-friendly PDF agenda.|
*Important security reminder* - The North Carolina General Assembly’s Legislative Building recently installed new metal detectors and x-ray scanners, which require visitors to follow enhanced security procedures as of May 16, 2018. Visitors are advised to minimize personal belongings because all pocket books, bags, briefcases and other items will be screened. Visitors are prohibited from bringing weapons, knives, mace, aerosol, corkscrews, signs, displays, and food or drink into the building. Jackets and shoes can remain on while passing through security. Visitors should check their key chains to ensure no prohibited items are on them. Legislative Services reminds all visitors to keep in mind that the enhanced security procedures are new for the members and staff as well, so please allow extra time and be prepared to potentially wait in line.
- See the map below to find your way around downtown. The red markers indicate the locations for County Assembly Day events.
- The NCACC offices sustained significant damage in a fire in March 2017. As cleanup continues, parking will not be available at the Quorum Center or Coates building offices. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Parking is available at several lots and decks in close proximity to the Museum of History and General Assembly building. They are indicated with blue markers on the map. Please note that these spaces are subject to availability and City of Raleigh parking fees ($2/hour). Visit this page for parking rates and directions.
- Museum/Government Center Lot
- Green Square Deck
- Alexander Square Deck
- Wilmington Station Deck