County Assembly Day
County Assembly Day is an opportunity for North Carolina county officials to meet with and hear from state legislative leaders and meet with their state legislative representatives. It is free to attend for all county commissioners and staff.
The NCACC will host its 2017 County Assembly Day on Wednesday, May 10, at the North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh. Please note that this is a change from years past. The brief program in the morning will be held at the Museum of History rather than at the Quorum Center. The museum is directly across the street from the General Assembly. NCACC will also host the lunch outside the legislative complex.
The activities begin in the morning with a legislative update from NCACC staff and remarks from leaders of the General Assembly. Attendees will then visit the Legislative Building to meet with members of their delegation and advocate on behalf of their counties. Lunch will be served on the lawn outside the General Assembly, and members are encouraged to invite their legislators to join them for lunch and the remainder of the afternoon.
|Registration Opens at NC Museum of History||8:00 a.m.|
|Coffee and Donuts Available||8:00 - 8:45 a.m.|
|Educational Program and Legislative Updates||9:00 - 10:30 a.m.|
|Visits to NC General Assembly||10:30 a.m. -|
|Outdoor Lunch at NC General Assembly||11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.|
- See the map below to find your way around downtown. The red markers indicate the locations for County Assembly Day events.
- The NCACC offices sustained significant damage in a fire on March 16. As cleanup continues, parking will not be available at the Quorum Center or Coates building offices. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Parking is available at several lots and decks in close proximity to the Museum of History and General Assembly building. They are indicated with blue markers on the map. Please note that these spaces are subject to availability and City of Raleigh parking fees. Visit this page for parking rates and directions.
- Museum/Government Center Lot - $16 max
- Green Square Deck - $16 max
- Alexander Square Deck - $12 max
- Wilmington Station Deck - $12 max
Attending County Assembly Day? Join us for the NC Stepping Up Summit while you're in town!
Counties that are working (or considering an initiative) to reduce the mentally ill population in county jails should apply to attend North Carolina's inaugural Stepping Up Summit on May 9 - the day prior to County Assembly Day. The event will be held at NC State's McKimmon Center from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Speakers include national experts and trendsetters, and representatives from NC counties that are active in Stepping Up. You don't want to miss this call to action!
There is no charge to attend, but seating is limited. Preference will be given to County Commissioners, County Managers, Sheriffs and their designees, court system representatives, and LME/MCOs and treatment provider agencies.
All county officials, regardless of whether they attend the summit, are invited to the Stepping Up Networking Reception at the McKimmon Center from 5 - 6 p.m.
Additional information and an agenda will be posted on the Mental Health & Substance Abuse Resource Page when it becomes available.