The Town of Spring Lake, North Carolina is seeking a highly motivated, values driven professional to serve as the Town’s next Town Manager.
Located in northwestern Cumberland County, Spring Lake is an extremely diverse community and serves as a gateway for Ft. Bragg, the most populous military installation in the world. Spring Lake offers small-town pleasures while being located in one of North Carolina’s largest metropolitan areas.
Spring Lake is a full-service municipality with an approximate population of 12,100. The Town operates under North Carolina’s Council-Manager form of government. The Town’s governing body consists of a Mayor and a five-member Board elected at large on a non-partisan basis for two-year terms. Interested professionals may view the Town’s website at https://www.spring-lake.org/ for additional information about the community and the Town’s operations.
The Town Manager serves as the organization’s Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising all activities of the Town. The Town Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of Town policies, for the functions of all Town departments and operations, and for performing duties related to a wide range of public programs and services.
Salary will be competitive and based on experience. An excellent benefits package will be provided.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have local government work experience. Local government leadership and/or management experience as a Manager or Assistant Manager is preferred.
- Hold at least a four-year degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Have a solid background in local government finance and budgeting.
- Be able to effectively manage conflict in a positive and proactive manner.
- Have the skills to effectively lead Town staff and manage the Town’s human capital.
- Have experience with economic and community development projects and programs.
- Be able to effectively communicate with elected officials, staff members, and citizens.
All candidates with the education and experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively perform as the next Town Manager will be considered.
Interested professionals should email a cover letter, resume, salary history, and five professional references to Justin Hembree, Mid-Carolina Council of Governments, at [email protected] . Please note, only electronic application materials emailed to Justin Hembree will be accepted for this position.
The Town of Spring Lake, North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Email Justin Hembree, Mid-Carolina Council of Governments, at [email protected] with questions or for additional information.