Town of Plymouth – Town Manager Position:
The Town of Plymouth, located in the Inner Banks on the Roanoke River in Washington County, seeks a Town Manager to handle the day-to-day management of Town business. The Town Manager is a liaison between the Council, the citizens, Town departments, and other government agencies and organizations. The Town Manager oversees the preparation, presentation, and administration of the annual budget and keeps the Council informed of the Town’s financial and operational activities and makes any necessary, important recommendations.
An employee in this class functions as the administrative head of the Town for the Town Council. Work includes responsibility for administration of all departments. Work also includes use of considerable judgment and tact in frequent interactions with the general public and elected officials. The employee works under the direction of and pleasure of the Town Council. Work is evaluated in terms of effectiveness of Town operations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of municipal government operations and management practices and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of local government budgeting practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of local government personnel practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of state laws pertaining to municipal government.
- Considerable knowledge of the application of information technology to improving the efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service functions of municipal services.
- Ability to supervise personnel.
- Ability to evaluate problem situations and develop and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other government jurisdictions, the Town Council, elected and appointed officials, community groups, employees, and the general public.
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university and considerable municipal management experience; or a graduate degree in public administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A master’s degree in public administration is strongly desired.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Prefer possession of ICMA certification.
- Ability to permanently reside within the Town limits within 180 days of their appointment.
Salary depends upon experience and qualifications.
THE POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. THE TOWN OF PLYMOUTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 to 5 references, as well as a salary history no later than close of business Monday, October 10, 2022 to the Town Attorney, Natalia Isenberg at [email protected], Teague Campbell, P.O. Box 19207 • Raleigh, NC 27619-9207.
Dependent upon experience and qualifications