Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services. Our team seeks a highly technical, results-oriented SCADA Manager to join our Information Technology team.
The SCADA Manager will lead and manage the daily operation and maintenance of OWASA’s SCADA systems while working closely with the Operations, Maintenance and Engineering team members to ensure the SCADA systems support the needs and overall strategic direction of the water and wastewater facilities. The SCADA Manager coordinates SCADA resources with the treatment plants and the water distribution and sewer collection systems to help ensure regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the functionality, maintenance, and enhancement of the SCADA systems, including all control processors, servers, human-machine interface devices, backup power systems, documentation, procedures, and related equipment and software.
- Creating and implementing standard operating and maintenance procedures to ensure consistency in the operation; creating performance metrics and implementing initiatives to achieve associated targets.
- Providing technical expertise, guidance, and training for the formulation of the strategic automation initiatives.
- Creating schedules and allocating resources to keep projects on track while managing external contractors.
- Oversees the OWASA SCADA Master Plan execution, manages continuous improvement and change.
- Creates schedules and allocates resource appropriately; establishes priorities for resource utilization. Manages external contractors.
- Providing day-to-day oversight and support of the SCADA system.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employees Retirement System, employer 457 plan contribution, retirement health savings account, and paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, Bereavement and Parental Leave, Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education and much, much more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
To complete an application visit www.owasa.org.
Closing date is December 2, 2022.
Salary Range is $69,365 - $106,823.
Position requires a valid North Carolina Driver’s License. Three to five years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree with course work that is applicable to this position.