What You'll Be Doing
As a member of the County Manager’s support staff, the position’s primary duties will include the following:
- Handles calendaring, logistical support, correspondence and other tasks for County Manager, other executives, County departments, and Commissioners. Represents Executives in discussions about logistical and administrative matters. Handles confidential administrative processes for executives, including the processing of performance evaluations, personnel actions, reorganizations, and legal actions. Responds, with minimal guidance, to requests for assistance from County executives and Commissioners.
- Serves as primary support for agenda development process and other critical Manager’s Office processes. Compiles and organizes large amounts of documents for Commissioner and public use. Ensures staff meet standards for quality in written materials, all appropriate materials are included, and publishes all materials for public review. Masters the agenda development software system, remote meeting software, and other technology. Publishes information about Board meetings for public use. Coordinates and hosts remote meetings.
- Covers front desk for Manager’s Office, Board of Commissioners, and assigned departments, including answering phone calls, processing mail, processing contracts, assisting in-office visitors and Commissioners.
- Manages email correspondence for executives. Follows established procedures and framework, and adheres to established ground rules for this responsibility.
- Handles approval process and data entry for contracts. Provides additional administrative support for contracts that originate in County Manager’s Office and other departments, including contracts for behavioral health, transit, economic development, and consulting services.
- Handles financial transactions for the Manager’s Office, Commissioners, and assigned departments. Purchases supplies and services, ensuring purchasing rules and standards are met. Ensures review and processes for p-cards, travel, reimbursements, and contracts are completed properly for all assigned departments.
- Ensures employees in Manager’s Office and assigned departments complete human resources forms. Provides support to all new hires with personnel paperwork and coordinates onboarding. Submits all personnel actions into HR management system. Communicates human resources updates with staff.
- Supports the Board of Commissioners by recording minutes, assisting with the advisory board appointments process, and assisting County Commissioners with correspondence, logistics, and other needs.
About Our Team
With over 60 new residents each day, Wake County is a rapidly growing area. The County Manager’s Office is responsible for executive leadership of all County departments and agencies. The Office also supports the elected Board of County Commissioners, providing them information and analysis to help them set County policy and priorities. The support staff administers the Board’s agenda development process, coordinates meetings, supports Executive staff, and handles the traditional duties of the Clerk to the Board. This position will focus on supporting County Executives and staffing the front desk.
How Will We Know You're 'The One'?
- Knowledge of common office software, and specialized software for agenda management, hosting remote meetings, and other needs
- Ability to conduct administrative processes consistently and effectively
- Knowledge of County purchasing and human resources policies and procedures
- Ability to provide effective logistical and scheduling support to multiple Executives
- Ability to organize large meetings or events
- Ability to represent Executives in discussions with County staff and elected officials
- Ability to proofread documents
- Ability to modify administrative processes to meet new needs and challenges
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate judgement about when to escalate issues to executives
About This Position
Location: Justice Center Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Most workdays follow standard County operating hours, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Some Board meeting days require later hours. This position will have some degree of schedule flexibility.
Hiring Range: $55,890 - $70,000
Posting Closing Date: 7:00 pm on 7/16/2021. To apply, please visit: https://ewaketalent.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/2848?c=ewaketalent
$55,890 - $70,000
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Office Administration or related field.
- Two years of experience in increasingly responsible administrative support work. Equivalent education or experience is accepted.
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Three years of experience supporting local government executives, or a local government elected board, with scheduling, logistical, and other forms of administrative support.
- Three years of experience with traditional Clerk to the Board duties, such as agenda development, recording minutes, meeting coordination, and appointments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Bilingual language ability.
To apply, please visit: https://ewaketalent.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/2848?c=ewaketalent