- Plans, coordinates, and manages the implementation and administration of a comprehensive safety program for Pasquotank County. Assists in developing and monitoring safety program budgets.
- Develops, recommends, and implements approved employee safety policies and procedures.
- Implements, coordinates and participates in the activities of a County Safety Committee.
- Promotes safety awareness through various programs, activities and contact with employees.
- Provides technical assistance and direction to personnel and departments regarding attaining and maintaining compliance with safety regulations and standards.
- Maintains compliance and improves the safety culture within Pasquotank County Government by conducting safety audits, safety inspections, jobsite hands-on training, and classroom training for county employees and volunteers.
- Investigates and analyzes accidents/injuries involving County employees, equipment, or property to ascertain causes; prepares related recommendations and reports. Analyzes accident and injury reports to identify trends and to adjust employee training needs.
- Provides information and assistance to employees completing forms related to the risk management functions, distributes forms, and compiles information and signatures.
- Processes workers’ compensation claims and verifies employee eligibility for coverage.
- Processes insurance claims, investigates accidents involving county employees or property. Provides assistance to insurers in investigations and settlement of claims both for and against the County.
- Prepares and maintains various safety records and reports (vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation accidents, etc.).
- May be required to assist in emergency operations as assigned or during emergency operations as needed.
- Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns, complaints, and requests for assistance from employees, citizens, and others regarding safety matters.
- Attends training, meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate to stay abreast of legislation and trends in risk management and employee safety programming.
- Operates a business-issued computer to enter, retrieve, review, or modify data, utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet, e-mail, or other software; and operates general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
$45592 - $64361
Minimum qualifications: Graduation from a two-year community college or technical institute with an associate degree in safety, business, operations management or related field and two (2) years’ experience working in safety programs or graduation from high school and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in environmental health and safety, occupational safety, loss control management, operations management or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as defined above. NC Driver’s License required.
Desirable certifications include: Trainer for OSHA General Industry & Construction Standards; NFPA Incident Safety Officer; Mold Assessment & Remediation; OSHA Excavation, Trenching & Soil Mechanics; Trenching Competent Person: Trench Collapse Rescue; Scaffolding Safety; and SCBA Fit Testing.
Applications may be submitted to:
Pasquotank County Human Resources
206 E Main Street Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Gayle McCullen [email protected]
Markieta James [email protected]
Applications are available at the below link: