The Risk Analyst will develop, manage, implement, administer, coordinate, communicate, and perform professional and technical administrative work in the development, implementation, and management of insurance and risk programs for Onslow County. Risk management involves oversight and protection for the County's assets through purchase of insurance, contractual transfer of risk, program and operational analysis, mitigation of incurred losses, and loss prevention programs to minimize risk and loss potential. Managing risk and reducing the frequency, severity, and associated cost of claims through continuous education, participation, and communication. This program element involves evaluating operational risks and identifying methods of treatment and reduction of risk exposures. Other responsibilities under this area include the monitoring and allocation of costs associated with losses to various general fund and non-general fund agencies as a means of accountability, evaluating contractual transfer of risk, evaluating exposures of County physical assets, assisting with developing policies and procedures, and providing County-wide training related to this program element. By managing a carefully structured and sound program, a risk manager can have an enormous impact in making sure the limited financial resources available are directed toward the public's benefit, rather than spent on litigation, losses, and claims.
Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Internal Auditor within County Administration.Position Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes all insurance claims; provides assistance to insurers in investigations and settlement of claims both for and against the County
- Pursues insurance recoveries for damages caused to County property and vehicles by third parties; reviews insurance offers and negotiates claims
- Conducts audits of claims to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and county regulations, policies, and procedures
- Communicates with various groups and individuals to include County Management, Department Directors, Legal Counsel, County Employees, and Insurance Companies
- Serves as liaison to insurance representatives and other parties involved with County claims and ensures proper management of claims
- Maintains files and data related to risk management
- Procures insurance of County buildings, contents, equipment, and liability
- Conducts analytical studies and trend analysis of claims activities to identify, evaluate, and analyze risks; develops criteria, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the effective management of risks
- Reports on findings and offers recommendations; assists with implementation of risk management improvement plans
- Assists with filing claims with FEMA
- Assists with internal audits
- Oversees contractor liability compliance and certificates of insurance
- Performs assigned functions as a Disaster Ready Team (DRT) member, if appointed or volunteer
- Performs specialized department tasks and duties as assigned
$49,311.82 - $64,105.35 Annually
Salary will be determined based on qualifications, internal equity, budget and market considerations.
If applicable, your final transcript showing the date your degree was awarded and/or any required certificates or licenses listed in the application must be uploaded with your application, even if you are a current employee or we have received it with a previous application.
Apply here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/onslowcountync/jobs/3553844/risk-analyst?keywords=risk&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs