As a Purchasing Coordinator / Manager (DOE) for the City of Salisbury, you can make a difference! The Purchasing Coordinator / Manager (DOE) plans and directs purchasing and contracting of City services, supplies, materials and equipment, maintains files and records, prepares reports, develops and maintains relationships with vendors. Position will require some occasional after hours work to attend council meetings and assist the department during the annual budget process. The position will serve as the City’s contact on the Minority Business Council. The successful candidate will be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and adapt to a fast paced work environment.
Join the City of Salisbury for a rich benefit plan, opportunity for career advancement and ability to work with a fast paced team that aims to exemplify the City’s values by showing purpose, passion and priority.
Pay range: $41,599.29 - $77,050.20
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in business, public administration, or related field and considerable experience
in purchasing, marketing, business principles, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid NC Driver’s License
- Computer literacy with the ability to operate standard office and computer equipment and specialized software
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with a positive, professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with diverse groups of people
- The ability to self-direct and self-motivate while maintaining personal accountability
- Strong time management skills
- Embrace innovation and change
- Purchasing Certification (CLGPO, CPM, or CPPO)
- Previous local government experience with Munis software