General Definition of Work
Performs difficult professional and administrative work in overseeing the planning, design, and construction of capital and maintenance projects; Responsible for other project work assignments as required. Expected to be able to work multiple projects at same time. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Assistant County Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Reviews project plans and specifications; maintains engineering drawings, maps, graphics, files, and records; provides project management and construction contract administration; assisting with project design and selection of consultants and engineers.
- Reviews engineering drawings, specifications, technical studies and reports, cost estimates, and other technical needs for capital projects.
- Identifies project risks and potential impact to schedule and budget. Owns and tracks actions to mitigate.
- Owns “Project Change Requests”.
- Oversees adherence to contract and / or PO.
- Provides monthly budget and schedule updates
- Conducts evaluations and provides recommendations to the Assistant County Manager.
- Performs construction contract administration, engineering coordination, field testing services, and final completion requirements.
- Prepares scope of work and requests for proposals/qualifications for professional services required for County projects.
- Researches, analyzes, and prepares construction cost estimates, proposals, quotations, bids, and technical reports with recommendations related to construction contracts and consultant agreements.
- Liaison between Pender County, Consultants, and Contractors on County capital projects.
- Represents Pender County’s Technical Review Committee in the review of site and construction plans and specifications for codes compliance and sound engineering practices.
- Coordinates the preparation of State permits.
- Performs updates to the County GIS upon additions.
- Works to secure affordable financing and grants for County capital projects.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Dependent upon qualifications. Starting salary of $62,274.00
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Education and Experience
Comprehensive knowledge of the theory, principles, standard methods and practices of construction management as applied to the development, construction and maintenance of County projects; ability to plan projects and prepare related designs, estimates and specifications; ability to plan, organize and direct the work of consultants and construction contractors; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, employees, and the general public; ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent at minimum to an associate degree in Construction Management, Project Management or Engineering Technology. Bachelor’s degree preferred and 3 years of professional experience in public construction and/or project management.
Valid driver’s license in the State of North Carolina
This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, standing, walking, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, use of measuring devices, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
Please apply at the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pendercountync