Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is looking for a dedicated individual to join our Finance team as a Procurement Coordinator. This position will provide expertise on a broad and comprehensive range of procurement activities including vendor relations, contract management, purchase requisition processing, procurement and fleet card administration, and policy compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the organization’s procurement needs are met for the organization by assisting department managers; developing and reviewing requests, contracts, amendments and change orders, reports, and other documents; training other team members on purchasing procedures and purchasing card programs; remaining abreast of laws, regulations, and policies.
- Administering procurement card, fleet card, and purchase requisition software applications and on-line business accounts.
- Analyzing business and system processes and internal controls y reviewing, validating, and documenting existing policies and processes; making recommendations to improve existing internal control policies; enforcing internal control policies and procedures; troubleshooting issues.
- Overseeing and monitoring activities related to surplus equipment disposal ensuring program is in accordance with state statutes.
- Contracting and vendor/contractor management for janitorial and vending services, postage machine lease, uniform rental, and cell tower licensing; develops and maintains vendor database.
Team members are our most important resource. Pay and Benefits include:
- Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System
- 5% Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Ability to transfer unused sick leave from preceding NC Local Government or State agency employer
- Position may be eligible to work remotely, up to two days a week, after six months of employment
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Visit www.owasa.org to apply for this excellent opportunity. This recruitment will close on December 11, 2023.
Salary Range is $62,996 - $94,494
Successful candidates should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field with at least 3 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the North Carolina public sector, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The willingness to obtain a purchasing certification through the North Carolina Association for Government Purchasing (NCAGP); candidates who are a Certified Local Government Purchasing Officer (CLGPO) are desired.
- The ability to understand, interpret and apply federal, state, and local regulations governing the procurement process and to maintain and prepare financial records and reports.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including the use of various applications (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel and financial business software).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.