• Provides leadership and support to department staff through effective communication, succession planning, and visioning.
• Integrates and incorporates the Town Strategic Plan and the department Master Plan into workplan goals and objectives and actively participates in the advancement of these goals and objectives.
• Plans, organizes, promotes, and directs comprehensive, town-wide athletic, parks, recreation, greenway and cultural resources programs.
• Proactively seeks out community partners, manages key stakeholders, and represents the department at public meetings, board meetings, civic group meetings and with other agencies.
• Provides visioning and guidance to the programs offered at the community centers.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management, public administration, business administration, or related field, with extensive experience in parks, recreation and cultural services management. A master’s degree in parks and recreation management or a related field is preferred.