Coastal Environmental Partnership is currently searching for an outgoing and creative person to fill the position of Outreach Coordinator. The position promotes the understanding and value of a comprehensive solid waste management program, including recycling, landfills, waste reduction, and household hazardous waste.
Coastal Environmental Partnership, formally known as Coastal Regional Solid Waste Management Authority, is a public local government entity serving Carteret, Craven, and Pamlico Counties in coastal North Carolina. This position, located at the administrative office in New Bern, NC, is responsible for overseeing solid waste education, outreach, and promotion for the region served by the Partnership.
- Plans, develops, and implements educational programs related to solid waste, recycling, and environmental programs for schools, civic groups, and general public; determines most appropriate programs, methods, and materials to effectively convey to target audience; evaluates effectiveness of programs and recommends/implements improvements as needed.
- Develops and conducts educational tours and presentations for school and civic groups; develops and presents informational sessions regarding state-of-the-art landfill operations and recycling programs to organizations and groups.
- Directs the creation and production of publications, marketing tools, advertising and outreach including creation and review of print materials, web site design, social media, press releases, newsletters, visual graphics, and articles for publication
- Plans, markets, and implements the Household Hazardous Waste collection program for the Authority.
- Monitors and reports on state and federal legislation that could impact the Partnership.
- Promotes the Partnership in our member communities by attending community events, fairs, and festivals, and providing information about the Partnership’s programs and services.
- Answers questions pertaining to special wastes, determines waste suitability, and maintains waste determination records in conjunction with the Executive Director and Operations Manager.
- Provides budgetary input relating to area of assignment.
- Maintains and assists with developing an inventory of promotional and educational supplies available for distribution to requesting groups.
- Coordinates the Partnership’s annual scholarship program, including promotion to area schools and receiving and reviewing applicants.
Minimum salary is $48,926 annually, with a range mid-point of $72,586. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Partnership is a unit of local government offering a comprehensive benefit package including vacation and sick leave, medical insurance with 50% dependent coverage, participation in the North Carolina Local Government Employees’ Retirement System pension plan, and 5% match of supplemental 401(k).
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree program from an accredited college or university in a course of study (Marketing, Environmental Science, Communications, Business, Education, etc.) related to the duties of the position is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of a solid waste disposal operation to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a recognized certification as a Landfill Manager.
The Outreach Coordinator position is open until filled. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Coastal Environmental Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.