Under the direction of the IT Director, the Network Systems Operations Administrator is responsible for overseeing three interrelated facets of the IT department. The successful candidate will supervise, train, and mentor employees on the network team and maintain their performance records. The candidate will respond to concerns from stakeholders; coordinate policies and procedures implementation in the network, and provide management of network operation. The three major facets of the role in addition to supervisory duties includes:
IT Security/Compliance Officer - Responsible for confidentiality, integrity and availability of the County's data, and for maintaining current knowledge about industry security best practices and requirements.
Network/Systems Architect - Responsible for maintenance of current knowledge of all Information Technologies including security, storage, networking, software and cloud to ensure effective budget and resource management to keep data secure and workers working.
IT Project Management – Manages technology projects where IT is the only clear stakeholder. Co-manages projects that include multiple departments as stakeholders or where the technological requirements of the project are beyond the capabilities of the non-IT department that is the stakeholder.
RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the back-end administration team to make technology decision recommendations.
- Implements new technologies and maintains existing ones.
- Collaborates with county departments to see that their needs are met based on the guiding principles of security and accessibility.
- Serves as the highest tier network engineer.
- Plans, directs, maintains and coordinates network installation, maintenance and operations.
- Communicates long term and short term costs, assessing ongoing and future infrastructure needs and contributing to strategic decisions.
- Configures, monitors, troubleshoots and problem solves network issues for quick remedy.
- Selects hardware, software and vendors according to County needs and budget availability.
- Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Uses network management tools to determine network load and performance capabilities.
- Develops and implements communication and reporting mechanism to manage issues, risks and timely delivery of initiative results.
IT Project Management
- Researches and presents solutions to technology problems to departments and the IT Director.
- Partners with multiple third parties, when needed, to put together the best solution for the county in accordance with North Carolina state law.
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of maintenance and installation work. Implements network changes and maintenance of routines.
IT Security/Compliance Officer
- Stays informed of current knowledge on industry security best practices and requirements including NIST, HIPAA, CJIS and PCI.
- Advises management in the adoption, implementation and enforcement of policies that meet these standards.
- Leads in the event of a security breach or incident to isolate and eliminate the threat, maintain normal operations to the greatest degree possible, implement failover or backup procedures, restore operations to normal and ultimate performing a forensic analysis to determine the entry point and infection path with the assistance of applicable federal and state agencies as appropriate.
- Recommends innovative and when possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks and business processes as long as a security of the data and network are maintained.
- Checks and approves other department software and IT systems to make sure they comply with all security and compliance standards.
- Develops and implements regular cyber security best practices and safeguards.
The position's salary grade is $63,111 - $100,980. Hiring range will be dependent on individuals experience and skill set as it aligns to the position.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Performs work accurately and thoroughly.
- Action-Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and challenges with urgency, energy and enthusiasm.
- Analytical – Analyzes statistical data, keep accurate records and complete reports.
- Communication, Oral and Written - Communicates effectively, clearly, and concisely with others.
- Customer Oriented - Cares for customers’ needs while following established procedures.
- Empathetic - Appreciates and is sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Conduct conforms to high values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Truthful, maintains high level of confidentiality, and is seen as credible in the workplace.
- Judgment – Uses good judgment and discretion when interpreting policies and procedures.
- Multitasker – Multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem Solving - Finds solutions for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Relationship Building - Effectively builds relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Safety-Minded – Creates a safe work environment; manages risks; reduces exposure liabilities.
- Time Management – Uses available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Skills & Abilities
Education & Experience: BS in Computer Science or in a related IT discipline, or a relevant field required from an accredited college or university. Five or more years of relevant progressive technical experience. Three or more years of relevant leadership experience; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint Experience)
License/Credentials: Possession of a valid NC driver’s license
To Apply, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alamancenc/jobs/3461040/network-systems-administrator?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs