Transylvania County is seeking a team-oriented Network Administrator to join the Information Technology Department. This position supports the organization's efforts in serving the citizens of Transylvania County, located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, about half way between Asheville, North Carolina and Greenville, South Carolina. The county seat is Brevard, NC. Transylvania County is called the “Land of Waterfalls” due to the 250 waterfalls located throughout the county. Whitewater Falls is the one of the highest waterfalls in the Eastern United States. Framed by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, access to Pisgah National Forest, Gorges State Park and DuPont State Forest provide locals and visitors with opportunities for a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, camping, canoeing, tubing, picnicking, and fishing.
This position performs difficult advanced technical work configuring, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing computer software, hardware, servers and networks, preparing and maintaining files and records, and related work as apparent or assigned.
$50,206.12 - $77,819.48 Annually
Minimum Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Driver's License valid in the State of North Carolina.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of personal computer operations, associated software, hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Knowledge of Ethernet network hardware and operating systems; network industry protocols, especially TCP/IP, ICMP, SMTP, FTP, HYPER-V, and others; servers, workstation hardware and operating systems especially Windows.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, practices and equipment; ability to detect and resolve computer issues.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
- Maintains and ensures the stability of the County's network and server infrastructure.
- Provides basic day-to-day troubleshooting, support and problem solving for County end users.
- Active Directory, Group Policy,
- Cisco, Meraki switches
- Watchguard Firewalls
- Monitors the performance of County network systems.
- Provides configuration, implementation and design of County network systems.
- Maintains back-ups of all County data necessary for production, record retrieval and day-to-day business.
- Maintains current operating system security and critical updates for servers and workstations.
- Protects against cyber-attacks, malware and viruses, including responding and correcting incidents.
- Monitors and implements security policies to ensure secure and protected County systems.
- Maintains current anti-virus protection for County servers and workstations.
- Maintains and monitors firewall protection for external access to internal County systems.
- Maintains remote site networks and virtual private networks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.