The Management Fellowship is a career-development opportunity designed to attract recent MPA/MPP (or related programs) graduates to serve in a full-time management-track local government position, and is modeled on the ICMA Local Government Fellowship program. The Fellowship is a 12-month full-time position, with an option to mutually extend an additional 12-months. Fellows are selected based on academic performance, demonstrated leadership potential, commitment to public service, communication skills, initiative, and creativity. Specific assignments and projects will be determined by the needs of the manager’s office, and other departmental needs, but will provide opportunities for policy research and analysis, budget development, and presentation to internal and external groups.
Salaries & Benefits Packages:
- Minimum salary is $47,000, and fellow is a fully-benefited employee with Catawba County.
- Membership in NCCCMA, ICMA, and registration for annual conferences is also included.
To be eligible to participate in the Management Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a recent graduate or student enrolled in a public administration, public policy, or related field master's degree program
- Satisfy all of the requirements for their degree program by August 31 of the year of the fellowship
- Have no formal local government management work experience (internships, whether paid or unpaid do not apply)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Submit a full on-line application (link listed below) as well as a letter of reference from either your academic or internship experience
Apply on line at http://www.catawbacountync.gov/county-services/human-resources/.
After the Fellowship:
A Fellow may be recruited by a county department to fill available county jobs, however a position with Catawba County after completion of the internship is not guaranteed. The program is intended to provide fellows with specific achievements and skills to ensure they are competitive applicants for positions with other local and state governments.