- Responsible for the administration, management and operations of County library, including
circulation services, reference/research services, technical service, technological development and operations.
- Provides supervision, guidance and direction to staff. Develops and recommends library policies and procedures
to an advisory board.
- Prepares and administers departmental budget.
- Represents and promotes library to the public, civic organizations, educational groups and county administration.
- Work is supervised by the County Manager in conjunction with the Library Board of Trustees.
Salary Range: $57,499- $89,123 annually
*hiring range depending on qualifications
- ALA accredited MLS degree or MIS degree from a NC regionally accredited library school required.
- Applicant must have NC Public Librarian certification or be eligible for certification before appointment. Additional information on certification can be obtained from
- Applicant must have at least three years experience in library management, including supervisory experience. Must have in-depth knowledge of professional library principles and practices, ability to evaluate library services, and a working knowledge of county or municipal government organization.
- Experience serving a diverse clientele required.
- Great networking, written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Grant writing and programming experience preferred.
- Salary commensurate with level of certification and/or experience.
Warren County offers FREE employee-only health and dental insurance, affordable vision insurance, membership with the Local Government Retirement System, stand-alone Employee Assistance Program, PTO and your birthday off, in addition to all State-recognized holidays!