- Plans, directs & administers the human resources functions in the areas of recruitment, benefits, classification/compensation & employee relations;
- develops, recommends, interprets & enforces human resources policies/procedures & ensures compliance with Federal, State & Local government regulations;
- supervises a Human Resources Technician;
- oversees processes such as position advertisements, drug tests, references, employment offers, new hire benefits orientation, etc.;
- manages the benefits program for health, dental, vision & life insurance, flexible spending account plan, unemployment compensation & retiree health insurance;
- provides support & assistance dealing with employee issues, problems & discipline;
- participates in negotiating insurance renewals & coordinates open enrollment process;
- performs related duties as required.
$54,761 - $84,879 annually
Any combination of education & experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in Personnel Management, Organizational Psychology, Business or Public Administration or related field & considerable professional experience in Personnel Management. Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree, HR certifications (i.e. SHRM, PHR, SPHR) & prior local government experience.
Great opportunity for professional development and growth! Warren County recently updated our Personnel Manual, so further developing personnel policies and modernizing practices will be a priority. Warren County offers FREE employee-only health and dental insurance, affordable vision coverage, PTO and a standalone Employee Assistance Program.