The TOWN OF MOREHEAD CITY, located on the beautiful Crystal Coast in eastern North Carolina, is currently seeking a self-motivated, professional, and experienced candidate for the full-time position of GRANTS MANAGER. Morehead City is the largest incorporated town in Carteret County with over 16,625 residents in the City limits and extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) and encompassing 16.85 square miles of land area. As the City’s departments actively seek and apply for grants, the Grants Manager is a new position that will take the lead on the management of current and forthcoming grants awarded to the City. We are seeking an experienced individual that possesses the ability to coordinate and manage the City’s current grant portfolio with limited direction and supervision.
The position of Grants Manager works independently and with interdepartmental teams to perform planning, research, implementation, contracts and grants monitoring, reporting, compliance and other related management tasks. This position will report directly to the Finance Director/Assistant City Manager. The Grants Manager job responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Collaborates with departments and key stakeholders to assess the City’s needs and assist in identifying and seeking funding opportunities to meet those needs; assists in data collection to document those needs.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and various government agencies related to grant procurement, implementation, and reporting.
- Assists departments with preparation of grant applications, grant proposals and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, including researching demographic and statistical data necessary for the applications.
- Oversees the execution of grant agreements and grant contracts with funding sources.
- Coordinates, reviews, evaluates, and audits the City’s federal and state grants to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Monitors grant projects’ adherence to time and reporting schedules.
- Assists in maintenance and management of the City’s Grants Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Manages grant closeouts and assists with audits performed by the grantor; assists with all grant related audits.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of grant administration, grant accounting and budgeting with extensive experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Working knowledge of funding sources and associated federal & state requirements and regulations, including but not limited to procurement, compliance, reporting, and auditing. Federal requirements include 2 Code of Federal Regulation 200 – Uniform Administration Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
- Intermediate experience & ability with Microsoft Word & Excel.
- General knowledge of laws and administrative policies governing municipal financing, practices, and procedures.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other related work.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to consistently pay close attention to detail.
- Proficient skill to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department heads, governmental officials, associates, and the general public.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity to join a competent, committed, and energetic team, please complete a City application, attach a cover letter and a current resume. To apply, complete a City application at the City’s website at https://moreheadcitync.org/247/Employment-Application and submit the entire package to either:
- Email to: [email protected]; or
- Mail to: Town of Morehead City, Human Resources Department, 1100 Bridges Street, Morehead City, NC 28557
Questions regarding this job announcement and/or to request a complete position job description may be directed to Susan Nixon, Human Resources Director, at [email protected] or by phone number 252-726-6848 ext 124. The City reserves the right to consider only those applicants that meet the qualifications of the position. Morehead City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The salary range for this position is $60,193 to $93,900. Placement within this range will depend upon a candidate’s successful qualifications and experience. The City provides a comprehensive benefits package which can be found at the City’s website at https://moreheadcitync.org/246/Employee-Benefits.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree with coursework in Public or Business Administration, Finance, or related field and two or more year’s related experience working in grant management, public administration, finance, and/or accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Possession of a valid unrestricted NC driver’s license required. Background/drug test required.