The Grant Specialist’s role will be to continually search, identify, facilitate, and implement grant opportunities. This position is responsible for grants development, evaluation, and compliance, including research, pre-award grant writing, coordination of grant applications, and adherence to grant guidelines. This individual will assist with providing technical assistance to Onslow County departments, private and non-profit organizations related to development of grant applications and processes.
- Performs complex planning, research, consultative, technical and program administration.
- Performs routine searches for funding opportunities, understands and tracks the current and evolving research.
- Investigates local, state, federal, private, and corporate sources of funds. This includes reviewing materials, listservs, telephone contacts and correspondence.
- Takes the lead in searching and communicating funding opportunities to Onslow County staff and small businesses.
- Performs internal reviews of institutional needs and assesses the feasibility of obtaining external funding for project and program proposals.
- Develops and maintains an internal grant application process.
- Develops and maintains a grant management system for funded grants that includes report due dates, budget adherence, impact of grants, and any other grant requirements.
- Develops and maintains a library of information on funding sources, grant writing, and community and state data relevant to Onslow County programs and services.
- Coordinates, develops, and processes grant applications from conceptual to submission stage while working closely with faculty and staff throughout all phases.
- Ensure adherence to guidelines of grants.
- Continually promotes grant opportunities and provides professional development and grant training to Onslow County staff.
- Coordinates, manages, and leads grant development teams of key internal and external stakeholders that may include Onslow County staff and small business owners.
- Assists in identifying and preparing grant applications for small businesses located in Onslow County.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the local business community.
- Proactively engages with companies to create a business environment conducive to growth and expansion in the County. Conduct outreach visits and maintain ongoing relationships with area businesses.
$55,469.18 - $72,109.96 Annually
Knowledgeable of funding sources, compliance issues, and legal and fiscal policies of funding sources and appropriate government agencies; high degree of initiative to find solutions and meet deadlines; work independently, with the ability to work under pressure; knowledge of and experience using databases to do research, to identify funding opportunities or other similar functions; knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of modern office software (e.g., Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional, Adobe Acrobat and database software); demonstrated advanced level competencies using spreadsheets; excellent research and analytical skills; experience in grant program planning and analysis; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff and various community members; ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects independently, often with tight deadlines.
Requires a bachelor's degree in business, public administration, finance, or a related field; and 3 years of experience related to grant development, grant opportunity searches, grant writing experience including federal, state, and private sources. Evidence of a successful funding track record or grant management.