Reporting to the County Manager, this position serves as a facilitator in accomplishing certain Board of Commissioners goals, objectives and initiatives in the focus areas of Economic Development, Education, Quality of Life, and Operational Efficiency and Efficacy. The finance department oversees the Annual Budget of over $30 million, payroll for approximately 250 full time employees, and direct supervision of three finance employees. Collaboration across the organization to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, efficient use of government funds, and first-rate planning are board priorities for this position.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 5 Years of progressive leadership experience in governmental finance or organization-wide financial management, including 3 year of supervisory experience.
• Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or related field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Government Finance Officer's Association (GFOA) Certification
• 8 years of progressive leadership experience in governmental finance or organization-wide financial management, including 5 years of supervisory experience.