Reporting to the County Manager, this position serves as a facilitator in accomplishing certain Board of Commissioners goals, objectives and initiatives in the focus areas of Economic Development, Education, Quality of Life, and Operational Efficiency and Efficacy. The finance department oversees the Annual Budget of over $30 million, payroll for approximately 250 full time employees, and direct supervision of three finance employees. Collaboration across the organization to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, efficient use of government funds, and first-rate planning are board priorities for this position.
The Finance Director will successfully lead efforts aimed at the effective and efficient management of the County's fiscal resources through:
• Development and Implementation of sound policies and procedures
• Utilization of appropriate internal controls
• Ensuring compliance with accounting laws and regulations
• Accurate reporting of the County's financial condition
• Fostering strong working relationships with County leadership, the Board of Commissioners, and other departments to understand organization needs and solve complex financial issues.
• Leading the development, implementation, and administration of County policies, procedures, and business processes to guide and monitor financial status.
• Ensuring the timely completion of Financial Reporting including; Annual Audit, Board Reporting, Monthly Revenue and Expenditure Reports, etc.
• Support staff to increase capacity to meet high standards of performance, work together, and to collaborate to meet strategic goals.
• Revise systems to ensure timely delivery of Audits and Financial Reports
• Respond realistically, protectively, and creatively to the impacts of COVID-19 on effective service delivery to Anson County citizens, employees, and visitors.
• Develop a modern system of internal controls
• Update the Budget Presentation and Budget Ordinance
Salary Grade 80: ($68,960-$109,560)
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field • 5 Years of progressive leadership experience in governmental finance or organization-wide financial management, including 3 year of supervisory experience Preferred Qualifications: • Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or related field • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Government Finance Officer's Association (GFOA) Certification • 8 years of progressive leadership experience in governmental finance or organization-wide financial management, including 5 years of supervisory experience
Submit an Anson County application to
Roslynn K. Ingram, HR Manager at
101 South Greene St. Suite 240
Wadesboro, NC 28170
Apply Online at County of Anson - Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
Closing date: Open until filled. First review of applications will be on December 3, 2021.