- Implemments policy decisions developed by and for the Directors of the MCEDC Board of Directors.
- Administers the daily operation of the MCEDC, including overseeing financial and staffing decisions.
- Operates the NC Telecenter, which requires oversight of a business incubator and public meeting space. Therefore, familiarity with real estate contracts and transactions is a plus.
- Promotes existing businesses and develops/maintains an active existing industries program.
- Encourages and develops new jobs and tax base through recruitment of industrial, commercial and other private businesses.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with regional, state and national economic development allies.
- Develops marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, booklets, website, advertisements, etc
- Demonstrates the ability to make quick and accurate decisions when dealing with both private and public sector management teams.
- Performs all other duties required to foster economic growth within Martin County as assigned by the MCEDC Board of Directors and The Martin County Board of County Commissioners.
Starting Salary Range from $72,000 - $105,000 depending on experience with up to 6% increase upon satisfactory completion of (6) months probationary period.
Bachelor's degree in business, planning, economics, or related field with at least 7 years of economic development experience strongly preferred. At least 15 years of general business experience in fields such as marketing, banking, real estate and grant writing may be considered. Budget and personnel management experience required. General knowledge of Microsoft Office and common business software required. Employee must exercise independent judgement and simultaneously must consider financial, social, economic, legal, and regulatory variables as they affect Martin County. Employee has a hight frequency of contact with the public and clients, and therefore must present a professional appearance at all times. Public speaking and presentation skills are required.
The Director is a county employee but directs and manages the nonprofit MCEDC, with reporting duties to both the County Manager and MCEDC Board of Directors. Work is performed under the direction of the County Manager and is evaluated through conferences, reports, and results with input from MCEDC Board of Directors Executive Committee.
Applications should be submitted to Martin County HR Director:
- Martin County
- Attn: Donna Zube
- PO Box 668
- Williamston, NC 27892
- [email protected]