We are seeking an accomplished professional to join the Child Welfare leadership team. The Child Welfare Assistant Division Director leads a dynamic child protective services unit. This position reports directly to the Child Welfare Division Director and works on a team with the Assistant Division Director of Permanency Services to ensure continuity of care and seamless transition when children enter out-of-home care. Please visit our website to learn more about Wake County Child Protective Services: Wake County CPS
In this role, you will:
- Direct and manage work teams comprised of program managers, supervisors, and social workers
- Oversee internal operations including personnel, space, logistics of major events, consumer complaints, incident reports, training, assuring compliance with regulations, and assuring Child Welfare services are properly provided on a daily basis.
- Assure that all mandates, regulations and funding requirements are met and ensure improved performance on the Child and Family Services Review.
$78,410 - $109,770; commensurate with experience
Management prefers candidates with:
- Master’s degree in social work or a related human services field
- Over 6 years experience in the department of social services leadership role(s)
- Experience managing child welfare program operations, projects, budgets, and staff
- Current North Carolina Pre-Service for Child Welfare
Applicants with experience as managers in child welfare/child protective services are encouraged to apply. Candidates with NC and non-NC experience will be considered.
Please ensure your resume conveys your experience in managing child welfare-related programs, staff supervision, project, and budget management experience.
You may upload your resume and apply at: Wake County Careers Site
Posting is scheduled to close on 5/7/2021.