Reporting to the deputy county manager, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for leadership and vision, overall operations, and day-to-day management of the Information Technology Department. This position directs and evaluates the work of 35 staff members; prepares and administers a $7.8 million operating budget, $783,000 capital outlay budget, and $3.6 million personnel budget. As a valued member of the county’s executive leadership team, the CIO needs to be knowledgeable in a broad array of county programs and departmental operations.
Strategic Direction and Priorities
- Minimizing the amount of staff resource dedicated to “keeping the lights on” activities, freeing up internal IT staff to focus on helping our departments achieve their service delivery goals.
- Creating and maintaining an infrastructure that allows for maximum flexibility of work settings while minimizing the on-premise equipment footprint managed by our team. Telework is permanent for NHC, so we must support remote work as well as flexible on-site work spaces and meeting spaces for a hybrid workforce.
- Partnering with software and service providers who have a vision for the future of their product that is in line with NHC’s needs. We are a cloud-first organization and prefer platforms over versioned software.
- Facilitating access to data and data analysis tools to everyone in the organization;
Maintaining technical acumen at a global level, and in response, develops up-to-date technological initiatives.
Key Projects for FY 21/22
- Redesign of the county’s core infrastructure components;
- Salesforce expansion to social work, health, and Senior Resource Center ;
- Government Center digitization;
- Technology components to support the new one-stop service delivery model, including consolidated call center;
- Teams room kit design for the new government center;
- EnerGov upgrade to version 2021 with an emphasis on enhanced electronic plan review;
- Emergency Management Technology Review;
- One Solution MCT;
- Revamp of library public access for easier and expanded use by customers.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field and seven (7) years of progressively responsible computer experience, including three years of management level experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
For additional information to to apply for this position, please visit https://humanresources.nhcgov.com/job-opportunities/
Application Deadline This position is open until filled; however, the priority consideration date is Wednesday, July 14, 2021. Initial screening of applications received will begin immediately following the priority consideration date.