Person County Government is recruiting for the Chief Financial Officer position in the Finance Department. The purpose of this position is to perform complex professional and administrative work in planning, organizing, and directing the County's finances, investments, debt, accounting and financial reporting system(s), ensuring adherence to GAAP, GASB, federal and state laws and statutes, and County policies.
This job formulates long-range goals for the organization, develops policy and position papers and negotiates with the County Manager and/or elected officials.
$94,505 - $121,098 annually
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Public Administration or related discipline.
- Eight (8) years of public finance administration, accounting or related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
- Master’s degree and a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) or Certified Public Finance Officer designation preferred.
Person County conducts pre-employment screening on candidates. Job offers are conditional pending the following:
- A pre-employment drug screen for all candidates. Positions designated by Person County as Safety Sensitive are also subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- A background check for all candidates. Some positions also require a credit check.
- Additional screening and testing required for some positions.
- Within 3 days of the start of your employment with the County, you must be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the US.
Person County Government is an Equal Opportunity/E-Verify Employer