GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs difficult administrative work processing ambulance information, generating various reports, issuing permits, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Budget, Strategy and Performance Manager. Oversight is exercised over the Central Collections division and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors billing and collections for various departments.
- Reviews reports and statistics to ensure billable Patient Care Reports (PCRs) are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Processes payments for remittance advices, checks, and EOBs; reviews charging and coding of PCRs; posts denials and processes invoices to ensure payments.
- Oversees answering phones; resolves disputes as necessary; generates reports to review patient accounts; assists with transmitting claims electronically to ensure confirmation/processing of patient accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of ICD10 codes, Medicare, Medicaid, and HMO regulations, HIPAA, general accounting and staffing procedures ensuring accurate/prompt billing and collections of EMS billing and permits.
Additional Job Duties
- Performs related duties as required.
Salary Range: $65,762.33 - $101,921.70
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION GUIDELINES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of related industry, organization, and department policies, practices, and procedures; thorough knowledge of related industry, organization, and departmental legal guides, recommendations, best practices, ordinances, and laws; general knowledge of standard office methods, techniques and procedures; skill in the use of assigned equipment; general knowledge of tax programs, policies and procedures and the sale and recording of decals, dog tags and cemetery lots; ability to direct work of subordinates; ability to make decisions relating to assigned operations in conformance with applicable laws and policies; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
DESIRABLE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates/Technical degree in business administration, accounting, or related field and considerable experience in
ambulance billing with some supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Certified Ambulance Coder preferred, or the ability to obtain this upon hiring into this role.
- Certified Ambulance Privacy Officer preferred, or the ability to obtain this upon hiring into this role.
- Certified Ambulance Compliance Officer preferred, or the ability to obtain this upon hiring into this role
Burke County applications can be completed at https://www.burkenc.org/jobs. Hard copy applications may be obtained at the Human Resources office, located at 200 Avery Ave., Morganton, NC 28655, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Completed applications must provide a complete work history, including a detailed and thorough list of job duties. Incomplete applications cannot be processed. To receive consideration, submit a completed application to Burke County Human Resources through the website, or by email at [email protected].