Primarily responsible for providing legal services at the direction of the County Attorney to the various departments of Davidson County Government including, but not limited to the following: Planning, Finance, Human Resources and DSS. The legal services provided include advice, counsel, representation at trial, and appellate advocacy. This attorney will be available for such other duties within the Legal Department as may be assigned by the County Attorney.
Education and Experience
- Juris doctor degree from an accredited law school or candidate for such degree.
Licenses and Certifications
- Membership in good standing in the North Carolina Bar as a licensed practicing attorney or scheduled to take Bar exam.
- Valid North Carolina Driver License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of general case, statutory, and common law.
- Thorough knowledge of judicial and quasi-judicial procedures.
- Must have expertise in the conduct of courtroom litigation.
- Must have the ability to analyze facts, evidence and legal instruments.
- Must have ability to express conclusions and arguments clearly and logically in oral and written form.
- Must maintain effective work relationships with the county staff, county officials, the public and other persons contacted within the course of work.