Following the conclusion of a thirty-year career, the County of Harnett is conducting a search to fill a vacancy for an Accountant II position within the Finance office. This is a challenging mid-level position that has the potential for significant growth over the next five years for the right candidate. If you are looking for the opportunity to grow your skills in a dynamic family environment, then this could be the job for you.
An employee in this position performs a variety of complex accounting tasks to establish and maintain financial records which include budgets, expenditures, revenues, grants, and payroll in support of assigned operations for the Finance Office of Harnett County. This includes: researching and applying accounting, administrative procedures, principles of bookkeeping, and basic fund accounting to the review and processing of accounting and other financial documents; using automated systems; reviewing and monitoring data; making journal entries; reconciling bank accounts; conducting cash flow analysis; monitoring vendor and contract transactions; preparing financial reports; managing assigned projects; assisting with budgets; conducting financial analysis; and assisting various departments with technical support in the purchasing/bidding process, policies, procedures, budget, financial standards, and use of financial software.
$49,616.00 - 81,866.00 Annually DOQ
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of grant accounting and reporting.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and accounting software.
- Skill in performing mathematical computations.
- Skill in using spreadsheets.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Two (2) years of accounting experience in a fiscal operation, preferably in a government setting.
- Certified Local Government Finance Officer or Certified Public Accountant required.
Below is the link to the actual job description. If you have interest and a background in local government accounting and/or finance, please check it out. If not for you, maybe someone you know would be interested. If so, please share.
Job descriptions can be a little bland, so if you have any questions or need some clarification, please reach out, I would like the chance to share more details about this opportunity.
Allen Coats, Deputy Finance Officer