The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned but are those that are considered as essential for an employee to perform.
- Collaborate with an internal department on the implementation and monitoring of grant programs.
- Monitors grant awards and monthly cash flow to ensure that projects are on schedule financially.
- Review monthly reimbursement reports for accuracy before final submission to fiscal section for payment.
- Maintains records and submits reports for federal and state grants, including tracking reimbursements and reconciling with accounting system records.
- Assist with preparing the annual Schedule of Expenditures of Federal and State Award.
- Maintains schedules for asset forfeiture funds, control substance funds, and prepares interest distributions and board action for interest appropriation.
- Assist with internal audits (i.e., petty cash audits) and serves as a liaison for external audits (grants financial reporting).
- Analyzes general ledger accounts, specifically for accounts receivable.
- Maintains and processes all school capital expenditures, including lottery proceeds.
- Assists with any other general office duties including preparing and keying journal entries, reconciling account activity, and assisting co-workers when needed.
- $49,375.04 - $79,000.48 per year (Exempt-Not Eligible for Overtime)
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field with preferably a minimum 3 years of experience in grant management. Knowledge and experience with bank drafts a plus. Will consider a combination of education and/or required length of experience. The candidate must have strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and Word. General knowledge of various office equipment is required. Preferred the candidate to demonstrate a working knowledge of federal and/or state grants, financial reporting, and program monitoring. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner (written and/or oral). Ability to work within a team as well as independently. The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug screening test prior to employment. MINIMUM PHYSICAL OR ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time; ability to lift and carry boxes of mail and packages.
To apply please go to gastongov.com.