Featuring instructors from the National Development Council and the School, the course is designed for elected officials, local government development professionals, and managers. The course teaches participants the basics of development finance tools used by North Carolina local governments to achieve their community and economic development goals.
Topics discussed will include:
- Federal financing programs and tax credit financing
- Public-Private Partnerships for Redevelopment
- Opportunity Zones and the Local Government Role
- Local government capital financing
- Tax increment financing (TIF) and synthetic TIF
- Business improvement districts
- Attracting private investment to Main Street
CLE and AICP credit will be posted once the agenda is finalized. To find more details about the program and to register, please click here.