Public RelationsThe association provides both internal communications to its members through mailings, faxes, emails, educational workshops and the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners' (NCACC) website's home page, and external communication to the print and broadcast media. Association staff is also available to provide consultation on media relations, news releases, public participation in county government and related communication questions.
The association produces and distributes a wealth of information through the following sources:
- CountyQuarterly - The official quarterly magazine published by the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners.
- CountyLines - A monthly electronic news source covering activities of the association board and steering committees, emerging issues, innovative county programs, county officials and county briefs.
- Legislative Brief - A weekly summary and analysis of pending legislation published each Thursday while the legislature is in session. The bulletin is disseminated by mail and email and is available on the association’s website's home page.
- Legislative Goals Brochure - Published every 2 years, the brochure details the legislative goals as determined by the membership. It is sent to all county officials, members of the General Assembly and various state agencies.
- Website - The association was the first county association in the nation to create an internet home page to provide electronic information to its members. The address is www.ncacc.org. The site features information on the activities of the various committees, county surveys, legislative bulletins, legislative bills of interest, CountyLines articles, county job listings and association activities.
Chief Communications Officer Sara Mogilski or Digital Media Director Chris Baucom.